10.9.09

Caprese Salad

This is one of my favorites. Quick, easy, yummy.

sliced tomatoes (the quantity depends on how many are eating and if it's the main course or not. for a meal, I eat one tomato all by myself)

sliced fresh mozzarella (the best is mozzarella di bufala, but that is pricey and hard to find. most places nowadays have bocconcini, which are sufficient) one for each tomato slice

extra virgin olive oil

balsamic vinegar

basil (fresh is best, but if you don't have any, dried will do)

a dash of salt and pepper

Layer the tomatoes, cheese and mozzarella then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and top off with salt and pepper. Every now and then I'll throw in some olives if we have any. They are a nice compliment to the tomatoes and mozzarella, plus I just really like olives. Buon Appetito!

No comments: